#TasteZen Lime Coconut Rice
By Peter Riley
This is an awesome dish to serve with sauteed or grilled shrimp!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup long grain or Jasmine white rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- fresh cilantro (for serving, optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, salt, pepper, lime juice, and lime zest and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, garnish with cilantro if you like, and serve.