- 1 medium Shallot
- 3 tablespoons of Zen Kampot Green Peppercorns
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or 3 tablespoons of brandy (depending on your taste)
- Soak peppercorns in 1 cup of warm (lightly salted) water for 30 minutes.
- While peppercorns are soaking mince the shallot.
- Drain peppercorns and crush with the flat side of a large knife.
- In a small saucepan, saute shallot in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add rehydrated peppercorns and the wine/brandy. Simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup (approximately 1/3 of initial volume.)
- Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and season with salt to taste.